The Title of Dashboard are garbled in Japanese locale.

jun.yang November 23, 2016

Drop down setting-lists (right pane) in Dashboard page are garbled in Japanese locale.
The Title of Dashboard are also garbled.

Please see the attached screenshot.

jira1.PNGjia2.PNG

It is only these two parts, no other problem.

2 answers

0 votes
jun.yang November 29, 2016
Thank you very much for your help. 

I confirmed this page(JIRA Application internationalisation and encoding troubleshooting) and tried each resolution. I’m sure the same encoding(UTF8) is used.

but, There is still garbled problem.

I also found 'user.language : en' from "/opt/atlassian/jira/logs/catalina.out". I don't know how to setting.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2016

That shouldn't matter, it's the Tomcat language and JIRA doesn't use it.

I'm afraid I'm stuck - the troubleshooting page I've referred to always fixes it for me.  I think you need to raise this with Atlassian Support

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2016

I've seen this a few times.  Could you work through the stuff in https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-application-internationalisation-and-encoding-troubleshooting-203394762.html

I found we also had to clear out the Tomcat temporary directories after correcting one of the encoding settings as well to get it to work.

Suggest an answer