The Name and Email fields in issue collectors are not stored in the issue details

motherg January 28, 2013

Hi all,

I've recently set up an issue collector for the first time - absolutely love it. I do have a problem though and I was wondering if anyone knew the answer.

By default there is a Name and Email field on the form and that's exactly what we need as the end users do not have JIRA accounts. Unfortunately the information they put in to these fields does not seem to display on the resulting JIRA issue.

Does anyone know how you can get that information in there?

Off the back of that, these fields seem to be optional - anyway to make them mandatory?

Thanks in advance,

Adrian

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
motherg February 11, 2013

I've worked it out! The Name and Email fields drop their content in to the Description Field.

However, the screen used for issue creation didn't have the Description field present (it was on the View screen). I added it to the Creation screen and it now displaying the contents of those fields!! HURRAH!!!

Kevin DuArte January 11, 2021

Thank you for the answer to this!

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2013

Is it not present in the Description at the end?

motherg February 3, 2013

It is not, no.

motherg February 10, 2013

Any other ideas? This is basically stopping us using this feature - it's used within our internal tool where it's critical we know who's raised the bugs but we haven't got enough licenses to add all the end users to JIRA.

Kate McAnespie June 15, 2015

@Renjith [Atlassian] How can the value of the email be searched for within the Description field to maybe a custom scripted field, so that value can be emailed on status changes of the ticket?

Krzysztof Skrzypczyk April 16, 2021

2021 and still having the same problem..... :/

0 votes
motherg February 7, 2013

Does anyone have any other ideas on this subject? It sounds like it should just work but it doesn't.

Possible something to do with workflow?

Suggest an answer