The Jira platform, allows connection with O365? Through POP3 / IMAP i / o SMTP protocols?

Veruska Pérez Guerrero March 21, 2017

The Jira platform, allows connection with O365? Through POP3 / IMAP i / o SMTP protocols? We have JIRA Server 6.0.2

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2017

It supports standard setups for POP3 and IMAP for incoming mail, and SMTP for sending.

However, I'm not sure that office 365 runs them as per standard, as I've heard people are unable to connect because it's broken and only implements the rather poor MAPI protocol

Veruska Pérez Guerrero March 22, 2017

Hi Nic¡

My client wants to move all the POP3 servers to office 365. I think this will affect the operation of mail handlers.

He is telling me that O365 has POP3 / IMAP service for receiving mail, as well as SMTP for sending. If the mailboxes have user and password, he does not see difference with the current configuration.

Some months ago, I tried to configure the mail handlers, for incoming mail, with servers created in O365 and we had several problems. In the end, it did not work.

What do you think?

Thank you so much

Veruska

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2017

If the servers are behaving to the IMAP/POP3/SMTP standards, then they should be fine.

I can't help you with "several problems, it did not work" without knowing what you set up and how.

(One quick and dirty test though - from your machine, or better, the JIRA machine, try a simple "telnet mailserver 25" - if the smtp server is ruunning correctly, you should get a login prompt.  If it's not running correctly, you'll get a connection refused.  You should check with your admin that the port 25 is the right one - it'll be different for running a secure mail server, and possibly different anyway - 25 is just a default)

Veruska Pérez Guerrero March 22, 2017

Ok..Thank you so much¡

Best regards,

Veruska

0 votes
Himanshu Bathiya June 18, 2021

hoose Administration ( ) > System. Select Mail > Incoming Mail to open the Incoming Mail page. Click either the Add mail server button to define a new mail server, or the Edit link at the right of an existing mail server configuration, which will open the Add/Update Mail server page...Click Authorize. You will be redirected to your service provider's site to log in to your account and authorize the connection. When you do, you will be redirected back to the application. Click the Test Connection to check that Jira can communicate with the mail server you just configured. Click Save.

Suggest an answer