• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • The JIRA Service Desk User requires the ability to connect to the database, create and populate tables in the schema created by the dba. After the initial setup, does the JIRA user account require create table authorizations? MS SQL Server 2012 used.

The JIRA Service Desk User requires the ability to connect to the database, create and populate tables in the schema created by the dba. After the initial setup, does the JIRA user account require create table authorizations? MS SQL Server 2012 used.

4 answers

0 votes

Yes, for Active Objects, any addons that might have their own db access (although most would recommend the use of AO) and upgrades.

So installation, updates, and addons. These seem to be controlled tasks? Otherwise database objects remain consistent?

Pretty much, but some add-ons may be adding/updating AO tables at any time (I'm not aware of any - the ones I've used create the tables when installed or upgraded, but it is possible)

So database objects can continue to be created even after setup? Does the setup have to be run through the User Interface or are there scripts provided so this can be easily created/re-created if need be? Again, this is for MS SQL Server 2012 R3 Standard Edition ==> JIRA Service Desk and Confluence.

0 votes

Yes.

You should always do the setup of the database via the UI - there are no scripts for it.

So database objects can continue to be created even after setup?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,801 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot