The Commit tab disappeared for some users

Arturo Saracho February 25, 2014

I am trying to figure out why the commit tab inside the issue page has disappeared for some of our users, and it is still there for others. I have searched for answers and tried several things but I have not had luck fixing this.

10 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Sandy Lyons March 3, 2014

Update: The commit tab was removed due to our OnDemand instance being upgraded to the latest version, so now our commits from GitHub are displayed under a "Development" section on the RHS of the ticket.

2 votes
Adam Moore March 3, 2014

If this is going to happen I would suggest making it easier to clearly see each action in the activity tab. When I click all it's easy to see each transition and it was easy to see all the commits. Right now it's hard for me to see which commits were completed before a task was mark resolved and when it was reopened.

0 votes
Chris Kirby March 27, 2014

Is there any way to bring the commits tab back? The modal window you get from the Develoment section on the right colum is nice, but its not replacment for seeing all of my Stash commits listed right there on the issue...just like the Bamboo Builds tab which thankfully is still there.

0 votes
Matthew Orlando March 3, 2014

@SandyMaybe you should post this as an answer :)

0 votes
Sandy Lyons March 3, 2014

Update: The commit tab was removed due to our OnDemand instance being upgraded to the latest version, so now our commits from GitHub are displayed under a "Development" section on the RHS of the ticket.

0 votes
Jerry Pattenaude March 3, 2014

I see the same thing, but checkins appear under the "Activity" tab on my issues.

0 votes
Matthew Orlando March 2, 2014

Same issue here. We had the tab last week and now it's gone. I still see we all have View Development Tools permissions, I see the plugin is still active and working for the repositories we're watching, and commits are showing up in the Activity tab. There simply is no Commits tab any more.

0 votes
Sandy Lyons March 2, 2014

We have the same problem here. The tab was available last week but today we noticed it had gone missing. I've verified that we have View Development Tools permissions.

0 votes
Arturo Saracho February 25, 2014

Hello Jeff. Yes they do, that is one thing I looked at while trying to find an answer.

0 votes
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2014

Do the users missing the tab still have the "View Development Tools" permission in that project?

Suggest an answer