Textfield (single line) using the Default Text Renderer shows the null string

Ji-Sung Kim February 12, 2016

I added custom text filed (single line) with the default text renderer in my JIRA about two years ago, and we had used well without any problems.

But suddenly, the problem arose last month. It has begun to show null string when the value was rendered like below.

When i click the value to edit, the null string disappear. 

Rendered view: US16-E-EPnull-002

Edit view: US16-E-EP-002

How can i fix this problem?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2016

What JIRA version do you have? This might be because JIRA is interpreting that lin "EP-002" as a JIRA issue # (an issue pattern in the Advance Setting) and it's not finding anything. That's my best guess.

Ji-Sung Kim February 13, 2016

We uses 6.2 version of JIRA. 

In the Advanced Settings, there is no Issue pattern. Do you mean project key pattern? 

Ji-Sung Kim February 13, 2016

I fixed the problem. After i changed regular expression for project key pattern it works properly. 

Thanks very much. 

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2016

Glad to have helped! smile

Suggest an answer