Text search not using base url

The seach bar on the top right is not adding the base url to the link.

If I type in a string to the search bar, it comes back eg:


whereas a specific ticket search works:


Everything else seems to be working fine.

Any ideas?

5 answers

1 accepted

As suspected, problem caused by my own tinkering: I changed the Context path to "/" from "" while setting up the proxypass.

I fixed by intalling the latest version and then diffing the xml files.

Thanks everyone for pointing me in the right direction!


0 votes

Hey Ian,

Did you check the Base URL on your Jira Administrator panel?

Also, could you paste here what entries appear on your <jira-home>/log/atlassian-jira.log when you perform the search?

Best regards,

Eduardo Mallmann

Atlassian Support

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for getting back!

I've since dropped the web proxying to simplify things.

My system administration is also affected (the form on http://ianandsarah.tk:9080/secure/admin/ViewApplicationProperties.jspapoints to / so I hack the web form to get access) but I can also get the base url from the logs

The base URL is:

___ Core Application Properties ____________

Version : 6.2.6
Build # : 6264
Build Date : Tue May 20 00:00:00 BST 2014
Installation Type : Standalone
Base URL : http://ianandsarah.tk:9080<br< a="">> Default Language : English (United States)
External User Management : OFF

This shows up in my logs when I do a search: 490x49x1 ian.miell@gmail.com[10/Jun/2014:08:10:08 +0100] "GET /secure/admin/ViewApplicationProperties.jspa HTTP/1.1" 200 5724 110 "http://ianandsarah.tk:9080/secure/Dashboard.jspa" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0" "1aua5dj" 490x50x1 ian.miell@gmail.com[10/Jun/2014:08:10:09 +0100] "GET /rest/helptips/1.0/tips HTTP/1.1" 200 142 6 "http://ianandsarah.tk:9080/secure/admin/ViewApplicationProperties.jspa" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0" "1aua5dj" 490x51x1 ian.miell@gmail.com[10/Jun/2014:08:10:09 +0100] "GET /rest/nav-links-analytics-data/1.0/?_=1402384208952 HTTP/1.1" 200 62 5 "http://ianandsarah.tk:9080/secure/admin/ViewApplicationProperties.jspa" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0" "1aua5dj" 490x53x2 ian.miell@gmail.com[10/Jun/2014:08:10:09 +0100] "GET /rest/jag-marketing/1.0/config?_=1402384208962 HTTP/1.1" 200 104 2 "http://ianandsarah.tk:9080/secure/admin/ViewApplicationProperties.jspa" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0" "1aua5dj" 490x52x1 ian.miell@gmail.com[10/Jun/2014:08:10:09 +0100] "GET /rest/stp/1.0/license/status?_=1402384208958 HTTP/1.1" 204 - 3 "http://ianandsarah.tk:9080/secure/admin/ViewApplicationProperties.jspa" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0" "1aua5dj" 490x54x1 ian.miell@gmail.com[10/Jun/2014:08:10:12 +0100] "POST /secure/QuickSearch.jspa HTTP/1.1" 302 - 10 "http://ianandsarah.tk:9080/secure/admin/ViewApplicationProperties.jspa" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0" "1aua5dj"

From a tail of all "*10" logs here:

root@rothko:/opt/atlassian/jira/logs# ls -lrt | tail
-rw-rw-r-- 1 jira jira 302 Jun 8 20:16 localhost.2014-06-08.log
-rw-rw-r-- 1 jira jira 2102 Jun 8 20:33 catalina.2014-06-08.log
-rw-rw-r-- 1 jira jira 938160 Jun 8 21:54 access_log.2014-06-08
-rw-rw-r-- 1 jira jira 687879 Jun 9 20:39 access_log.2014-06-09
-rw-rw-r-- 1 jira jira 0 Jun 10 07:22 manager.2014-06-10.log
-rw-rw-r-- 1 jira jira 0 Jun 10 07:22 host-manager.2014-06-10.log
-rw-rw-r-- 1 jira jira 1964 Jun 10 08:04 localhost.2014-06-10.log
-rw-rw-r-- 1 jira jira 17354 Jun 10 08:04 catalina.2014-06-10.log
-rw-rw-r-- 1 jira jira 4809434 Jun 10 08:05 catalina.out
-rw-rw-r-- 1 jira jira 622929 Jun 10 08:10 access_log.2014-06-10


I couldn''t fit that in the "Continue discussion" link

See "answer" below!


Did you change the server.xml file?

Maybe you did something wrong there.

Also did you maybe do something in the hosts file?

Best regards,


I did change the server.xml file, perhaps something went wrong there, yes:

<Service name="Catalina">

<!-- Standard HTTP Connector -->
<!-- Apache Proxy Connector -->
<Connector port="9080"

I removed the proxy,

/etc/hosts is unchanged

Is it perhaps to do with the redirectPort (it's not open to telnet). I can't seem to find anything about it on the atlassian site.


Suggest an answer

Log in or Join to answer
Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,167 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot