Text search not returning expected results

Andrew Heraty August 3, 2017

Using the Quick Search bar and basic search view, not all results are being returned that have the exact same summary terms. E.G, searching for "Widget 10" in the instance that I have issues with the exact same phrase in their summaries does not cause them all to be returned. Doesn't the basic "Text Search" filter include Summary? Using the advanced search and specifying something like 'summary ~ "Widget 10*"' gets them to show, however.

This is a strange one as I'm sure Jira has worked as expected (searching summary and description as default on quick seach) in the past. If anyone can shed any light on this (or offer a solution) I would be very grateful, as teaching clients how to create specific filters to circumvent this is something that seems more time than its worth!

Kind Regards

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2017

Hi Andrew,

I have not seen any changes to the way JIRA is searching using the basic search.  If you click More next to contains text and choose Summary do you find all the results?

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer