Text boxes lose line breaks on paste

My developers paste their changes into text fields but with the implementation of the WYSIWYG editor pasted text strings no longer have line breaks that were part of the copied text.  How do I correct this?

3 answers

For JIRA 6.4 and I assume greater ...

Under the other selection (plus sign and down arrow) there are choices for code and preformatted.   I would insert one of those and then paste your text over the example text remembering to leave the tags in place.

Instead of using ctrl-V, try selecting the dummy text from the preformatted tag and then right click and choose paste from the menu. That worked for me in IE 11

The other thing you could try is enabling compatibility mode. Both IE10 and IE 11 have reported issues with copy/paste.

Right Click and paste worked in IE, thanks

Behavior is the same, the issue appears to be browser related.  It happens in IE 11 but not in Chrome.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

187 views 1 17
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you