Testing & Two Step Authentication with Google Apps

Brian Clampet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2012

Is there a way to test OnDemand and Google Apps merge without merging all of the accounts from my domain? Perhaps this can be done with a test domain? Also, for those who use two step authentication with their google accounts will this be required for login to jira as well?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brian Clampet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

Two step authentication does work with Jira and GApps...with a few extra steps that are included (somewhere) in Atlassian documentation.

I had to forgo this merge of my Atlassian and GApps because of the inability of username changes in Atlassian. It's a pity too. I was excited to use the integration to help make life that much easier. My tests with a test domain were successful but several users in my domain do not have an email in GApps that would match their existing JIRA username.

Atlassian,

It's been TEN YEARS!

When are you going to fix this???

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2012

Hi!

I believe that 2 steps authentication only works with Gmail (tell me if I'm wrong). Note that all your accounts will be integrated, but you can enable only the accounts that you want to.

Cheers!

Kunal Chawla June 5, 2014

@LucasDo we have any documentation on how to implement the 2 step authentication for Gmail for Crowd 2.7.1

Suggest an answer