Testing OnDemand JIRA add-on

Inseok Lee July 7, 2013

Hello,

I developed and tested OnDemand JIRA add-on on my PC, and I'd like to share this to others. So, I consider to Install Atlassian-SDK to AWS EC2 Instance, but It's to slow to test.

Then, I tried to install evaluation jira on my instance, it doesn't slow as sdk installed ondemand jira.

But, I can't find how to install OnDemand JIRA to my own instance to test.

How can I do that? or, How can I test OnDemand JIRA without Atlassian SDK?

Cheers,

Inseok.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2013

I have to agree with Justin here - you have NOT written and tested any OnDemand plugin, unless you happen to be working for Atlassian, in which case, you should be talking to your colleagues.

You can't install OnDemand anywhere - it's a hosted system and it's not available as a product, although I don't think it's a long way off the "downloaded" versions of the Atlassian product suite.

If what you really mean is that you have written and tested a plugin for Jira, then you can install that on Jira systems you run yourself, but you won't be able to upload it to OnDemand (yet), so there's no point in trying at the moment.

0 votes
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2013

I don't think you can download the JIRA OnDemand SDK, as it's on a protected interface plus it's more of how Atlassian provides up to date intances and upgrades to the users. Unless you would like to sign up for an OnDemand account for your testing needs.

You can sign up for an OnDemand instance from this link: Try Hosted Software Development Tools - Atlassian

Suggest an answer