Test sessions for JIRA Core

Nick Dring November 21, 2017

Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 17.17.26.png

Hi all, I'm setting up JIRA Core project for the first time and I see that there is the Test Sessions link. If this is a business project I can't think why they would need to do a test sessions. I'm bound to get asked, what is it? How do I remove it from a project or Jira Core?

Thanks

Nick

2 answers

0 votes
Maurice
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2017

Hi Nick,

These Test Sessions are coming from the Capture for Jira plugin.

If you go to your Jira Admin(gear icon) -> Add-ons -> Capture for Jira settings. You can then change the option for "Show Capture for Jira in Business projects"

This should remove the icon from your business projects.

Best regards,
Brian 

0 votes
RianS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2017

I don't have this on my JIRA business projects, but my JIRA instance isn't currently attached to any software management products (Fisheye, Bitbucket,etc.). My guess is to check the permissions for the project and see what they are for the "Development Tools" section. Perhaps you can make that permisssion set only for those that use the development tools.

Make sure that the permission scheme isn't used by other projects that do require those permissions. You may have to create a new permission scheme for business projects only that removes that particular permission.

Suggest an answer