Test does not appear as an issue type after installing the Zephyr plugin

Chris Barnard January 10, 2013

Test does not appear as an issue type after installing the Zephyr plugin

We have installed the Zephyr plugin but when I attempt to create a test (by selecting Create Issue), Test is not in option in the dropdown.

14 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2013

Hi Chris,

Can you please send the following to support at getzephyr dot com:

1. Screen shot of the Plugin page listing the Zephyr for JIRA Plugin

2. Attlassian-Jira.log

Kind Regards,
Chris

Chris Barnard January 15, 2013

We managed to solve the issue. Is was becasue the issue type had not been added to the schema.

Thanks for your help.

8 votes
Swapna Kumar Vemula [Zephyr]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2015

Hello Nick,

If you are not able to view the Test Issue type when you are trying to create a TEST, it means the issue type is not associated to the current scheme/project.

Please try the following instructions to associate the Test Issue type to your current project/scheme for both Zephyr for JIRA Cloud & Server.

1. Navigate to Administration icon (Cog icon) on the top right corner and select projects form the drop down menu.
2. Now click on that project from the list of projects visible, this will show the associated issue types scheme and issue types for that project.
3. Click on the Issue Type scheme and select "Edit Issue Types" from the "Actions" button on the right side of the page.
4. Here you will be able to drag and drop the required issue types to associate with your project.

Add_Test_Issue.JPG

If the issue persists please share the screenshot of the issue along with the atlassian.log file by submitting a support case with us at http://support.getzephyr.com.

Please go through our knowledge base with one click access at https://support.getzephyr.com/hc/en-us/categories/200217899-Knowledge-Base for other articles.

Regards,

Zephyr Support.

jinze huang February 3, 2016

Hi,arun,

Similar problem.I have install zypher.The issuetpye which can be used is not called "test" .Zypher use another issuetpye called "OA" which was build by myself years ago.The problem is,"OA" issuetype is used for other application.How can I change it?

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2016

Hi @Swapna Kumar Vemula [Zephyr],

Why is this crucial piece of instruction missing in the documents?

https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ZFJ0300/Create+Tests

For beginners it's hard to find why the test issueType isn't available in their create issue screen. Thus please update the documentation.

Like # people like this
Nicola West February 5, 2017

I agree Tarun. I just encountered the same issue as the documentation has still not been updated! I am trialling Zephyr and this is a big black mark against it.

Like # people like this
Alexander P March 11, 2020

Four (!!!) years later, and it's still not in their documentation...  Thanks, Google for indexing this thread!

Like # people like this
1 vote
Maria Saif August 13, 2018

Zephyr : jira integration : Tests > clicks on Testcycle error occured

"errorType":"ERROR","clientMessage":"Missing parameter: projectKey","errorCode":151}
Maria Saif August 13, 2018

How can i resolve this issue

1 vote
Herman Nijland January 11, 2016

Hi Arun,
Nice, no problem of course. However - I don't have enough points (I supppose) to mail someone here yet. Could you contact me, and supply me  with your email address?

Regards, 
Herman

Himanshu Kumar March 31, 2018

I am using Zephyr for JIRA Cloud2.3-final, so you can follow below steps

1.Click jira icon on top left side (like square handshaking :))

2.You can see (Dashboard,Projects,Issues,Settings,Tests)

3.click on settings cog wheel

4.Background changes from blue too dark grey :) click on issue type schemas

5.You can see project tab 3rd one from left, select your project and click on edit

6.You can view 

Issue Types for Current Scheme

Remove all

•   Task
  •   Sub-task (sub-task)
  •   Story
  •   Bug
  •   Epic

Available Issue Types

Test

7.click on add all and save 

8.Create issue and check for issue type you can see test :)

Like Gabriela Marín likes this
ArezooI August 28, 2018

Hi,

Thanks for this. One problem is that I don't see Zephyr logo as the Test issue type picture. It's an ugly gray logo. Is there any way to change this? In my other projects, I used to see Zephyr logo for Test. Please advise. 

Gabriela Marín June 12, 2019

Hi @Himanshu Kumar

I'm having the same issue, but I cannot find Issue type schemas.

Actually as you mentioned on step 2, I can see Dashboard,Projects,Issues and filters,Tests) but no Settings option is available, so that's why I cannot access to the schemas.

Could you please advice?

Regards,

Gabriela Marin

raghu_mankali March 12, 2020

@Himanshu - your answer helped. Thanks

0 votes
Trung Quân Nguyễn May 5, 2021

Go to JIRA ADMINISTRATION System > Global Permissions

Use Add Permission to add Zephyr Test Management to jira-software-users group (or whatever group you want)

Tested with Jira 8.11 and Zephyr 6.0 (now they call it Zephyr Squad)

0 votes
Arun Ravindran January 10, 2016

Hi Herman

Thanks for your feedback and suggestion.We will forward the ides of this feature to our product team for their consideration.Can you let us know your official email id , organization name and official contact number for us to raise the feature request with our product team

Thanks

ZephyrSupport

0 votes
Herman Nijland January 4, 2016

I had the same problem, on the cloud version of JIRA, after installing the Zephyr for JIRA plugin. Adding the issuetype helped, though I'd expect that this issuetype would be enabled by default. The Test topmenu was available in Jira, but creating tests proved impossible.

NB - It turns out that the issuetype Test has to be manually enabled for each new project. Test is available in the JIRA configuration / Issues / Issue Type Schemes, but the type isn't available after creating a project. 

0 votes
RIL Brest October 29, 2015

Same isssue.

@Nick Caruso : Please check that the issue type "Test" has been added to the schema for the project you are trying to create a test in. Regards,

Then it works.

@zephyr & @White Lion:

1/why did you not correct that issue ?

2/I use JIRA and zephy for education, would it be possible to get more trial time ?

Regards,

Alex

0 votes
Nick Caruso September 1, 2015

I'm having the same problem.  Any results?  I just installed the plugin today to test.

0 votes
Petr Vopalka August 12, 2015

Similar problem. The Test issue type is not available in JIRA after installing Zephyr plugin (i.e. it is not listed in Administration->Issues->Issue Types).

0 votes
Angelino Vera May 17, 2015

Hi I need help. Test doesn't appear on issue type

https://zephyr-freelancer.atlassian.net

0 votes
monstermon March 12, 2015

same issue here. create test doesnt shoe "test" as type

Daniel
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2015

Please check that the issue type "Test" has been added to the schema for the project you are trying to create a test in. Regards, Daniel

0 votes
atul kumthekar March 6, 2015

I installed Zephyr for JIRA (Cloud not the server) and I am facting the same issue. Under Test menu, I go çreate test and it shows just three issue types 'bug''task'' ''story''

Daniel
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2015

Please check that the issue type "Test" has been added to the schema for the project you are trying to create a test in. Regards, Daniel

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2013

Hi Chris,

There are two Zephyr plugins available on the Atlassian Marketplace. One is Called the Zephyr Enterprise Connector and the other is called Zephyr for JIRA. Which one did you install? If you installed the Connector then there won't be a issue type of test to use. If you installed Zephyr for JIRA, then I would expect a new Issue type of Test and also an entire new menu called "Tests."

Kind Regards,
Chris

Chris Barnard January 13, 2013

Thanks Chris

We installed Zephyr for JIRA so were expecting the iees type of Test to appear but it has not. Everything else appears to be installed correctly.

Larry Peery April 14, 2013

This is the case for us as well. Just installed Zephyr for JIRA but no "Test" issue type appears. The test menu does exist.

Larry Peery April 14, 2013

"Test" does show in admin/issue types. Does it need to be added to the issue type scheme for each project?

Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 14, 2013

Larry,

Add it to the issue type scheme fo reach project and you should be good to go.

Kind Regards,

Chris

vaibhavzodge August 8, 2015

Thank you Chris, it works for me

Suggest an answer