Test Execute!

Raul Comerzan August 5, 2015

Hi everyone,

I have a query, if somebody can answer me:

• when i create a test issue (issue type) and I want to execute it a have two variants (like in the bellow picture)
    image2015-8-6 11:15:36.png
  • and my question is if i can change the version field with a sprint field;
  • i want to do this because when I create a test issue i want to execute on many projects, to not created multiple times the same issue test.
  • my QA Lead said is possible, because she works at the previous company with that.

Is this possible?
Or can you offer me other variants, or  propose something else?

Thanks a lot!

2 answers

0 votes
Brian Ross August 6, 2015

The only way to come close to doing what you are outlining is to go into the Release section of JIRA and create Versions that mimic the sprint names.

But that will take a fair amount of work and won't tie into the actual sprint.

Visually it will look like you are tying the Test Cycle to a Sprint, but it will be just a Version named similar to a Sprint.

Did you lead actually set up her prior JIRA version to do this or did she just see it done?

0 votes
Bibek Behera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2015

Hello @Raul Comerzan,

I would like to inform you that the version details belongs to JIRA, which are used in Zephyr for JIRA plugin.

In the mean time could you please submit a support request with us so that we can reach out to you and understand your requirement better.

What you need to do is visit the below URL below and click on submit
a case.
It will guide you to a signup page, please provide the details and
submit a case.
https://support.getzephyr.com/hc/en-us

Best Regards,

Zephyr Support.

Suggest an answer