Test Case Management when using JIRA On-Demand

Steven Flynn December 1, 2013

We are looking to move from SmartBear/ALM to JIRA, but we need to have a way to manage test cases. We would use On-Demand Jira, so I understand the plug-ins are limited. I've also seen a number of users reference Zephyr, but I don't see that as a plug in for On-Demand. Is Zephyr supported, and if so, how would I deterine the licensing price?

Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
Steven Flynn December 2, 2013

Mauro,

Thank you for the response. I also recieved a response to a direct question to the JIRA team, which states that Zephyr is availalbe onDemand. Here is what they replied with:

Hi Steven,

My name is Matt Schenck - I am one of the Product Advocates here at Atlassian, and I am here to answer any of your product functionality questions. With that, I would like to thank you for your email and your interest in JIRA! Let's get you some answers

We are considering moving from SmartBear/ALM to Hosted Jira, but we need a QA test management tool to manage our test cases. If we chose Jira to manage our defects, what do you offer to manage test cases in a hosted environment?

As of right now, our only test management tool that is available within the OnDemand platform is the Zephyr Enterprise Connector for JIRA. We are actively working on getting more Add-On's available to the OnDemand platform, but as of right now, Zephyr's is the only one that is available (a) but is the most popular even in the Download version of our product (b).

0 votes
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2013

You can find information about the plugins and if they are supported at the Market Place. Filtering the search by OnDemand will narrow it to the only supported plugins.

The Zephyr plugin https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.thed.zephyr.je is not supported on OnDemand. License prices can be found there as well but when selecting OnDemand on the price list, you'll find the message saying that is not supported at the moment.

Hope it helps :)

Suggest an answer