Terry

Deleted user April 19, 2016

Hi, I'm setting up a service desk for multiple external customers, they each need their own portal.

Do I need to create a separate project for each customer or does one portal do for everyone?

If there's only one portal how do the agents know which customer raised the request?

Thanks, Terry

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2016

Hello!

I would definitely set up a separate project for each of your customers.  That will allow you to create completely separate Service Desk portals, and customize each as needed, (SLAs, queues, calendars, etc.).  Plus, having separate projects for each customer will make administration and scaling so much easier as time goes on.  

I mean...I suppose you could make due with just one portal for all your customers, but that just sounds like a logistical nightmare.  smile

Good luck!

0 votes
Deleted user April 20, 2016

Thanks for your advice Cody.

So, now I have 20 service desk projects for 20 different customers.

If I have an agent that I want to allocate say 10 customers to, can I configure a queue for that agent that takes requests from all 10 service desk projects?

Or does my agent have to browse all the projects separately to see issues allocated to them?

Thanks again, Terry.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2016

I do not believe that you can create queues that contain multiple projects, sadly.  However!  What I would personally do is set up JQL filters for your agents, (containing multiple projects, etc.), and use those in combination with a Kanban board.  

That solution may be easier for your agents too, simply from an organizational standpoint.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events