Tempo worklogs don't show up anywhere until I visit the issue page and refresh

David d'Aquin April 4, 2020

Hello Team and community!

We recently migrated from Jira Server to Jira Cloud. I was preparing to run a manual migration to move tempo worklogs (because they had not shown up and google said that such a migration was not yet supported) when i noticed some peculiar behaviour: The worklogs had started to show up! Huzzah!

However then I noticed that most were not there. I went and checked my time sheet and saw that the majority of my time sheet items were not there. Curious, I went directly to an issue i knew I had time worked on in that period's browse page and the worklogs were not there. I refreshed, and they showed up! I went back to the time sheet and that issue's time showed up.

This is all really interesting, but I can't be expected to click on every issue to make the worklogs show up for reporting purposes. So I did try and do a little digging in the Network Dev Tools on Chrome to see if I could find the call that was causing these worklogs to eventually show up but to no avail. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2020

Hi @David d'Aquin ,

As our article, https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/390299676/Migrate+from+Server+to+Cloud, says, Tempo is currently not supporting migrations.

When you install a backup of your Server database to Cloud, you are importing it to the JIRA database. The existing worklogs are then synced to the Tempo database. ( this is the only data that is synced between the JIRA and Tempo database, all other Tempo specific data will need to be migrated manually).
This sync starts by sending the basic issue information as Tempo needs this information to sync the worklogs. This process can take some time, depending on the number of issues and worklogs in your system.

By viewing issues in JIRA, you are triggering the sync to Tempo ( outside the "regular" sync that is running in the background). This makes it possible to sync the worklogs for this issue. 

Best regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

David d'Aquin April 6, 2020

Thank you @Susanne Götz _Tempo_ 

So if I am hearing you correctly, at some point all the issues will be in the system themself without me having to click on them? And this would be due to the "regular" sync?

Thanks!

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2020

Hi @David d'Aquin ,

Yes, this is how it works. 

In case the problem persists, you might want to create a ticket for this in our Tempo Support system (https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/6), so we can take a better look at this.

Regards,
Susanne

David d'Aquin April 6, 2020

Thank you I will do that. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS