Tempo, view team worklogs without edit permission

Aldo Cauchi Savona September 11, 2014

Hi,

I need some help configuring tempo timesheet to our company's needs. While i have managed on all requirements, there one i am struggling with: to all a team to view the worklogs of each other, but do not allow editing or inserting work logs for other users, except for the team lead.

The current set up is as follows:

• Project Permission Scheme: Work On issues and Edit Own Worklogs to all users. Edit All Worklogs to team leader.
  • Project Role: 'Tempo Project Managers Role' all users.
  • Tempo Global Permissions:
    • Tempo Time Tracking - All users
    • Tempo Team Manager - team leader
  • Team Permissions:
    • Browse Team: all users
    • Approve Time sheet: team group
    • Plan Time: Team Leader
  • Global Configuration:
    (is ticked)

I understand that the last option is what is allowing the team members to log for, and edit each other's worklogs. But without setting the team's group in the 'Approve Time sheet' permission the team members cannot see each others worklogs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Aldo

2 answers

0 votes
Aldo Cauchi Savona September 11, 2014

Hi Susanne,

I have voted on the issues that are similar to this. Namely:

Thanks,

Aldo

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2014

Hi Aldo,

you are correct, the "User with Approve Timesheet Permission can log work for team members" in your setup gives Team members the permission to log work for others in the Team, but they do not have access to edit these worklogs. We are discussing the possibility to implement a "view only" access to the Team timesheet and you might consider creating a feature request for this in our Tempo Timesheets Project (https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/TT) so other users can vote and comment on it.

Kind regards,

Susanne (Tempo) 

Suggest an answer