Tempo reports including hours of inactive users

Chris Gray May 7, 2013

When we try to generate a report from Tempo, it seems that inactive users' hours are not being included. We are using JIRA 5.1, and Tempo 7.5.4.1, and the reports work perfectly until the user is inactivated. We want to use JIRA/Tempo to track project hours, but we need to go back and regenerate the reports to verify for our auditors, and if personnel have left in the interim, we won't be able to generate the same reports.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Gray March 5, 2014

Taken up with Tempo support

1 vote
mathijsbrand August 20, 2015

Had this issue too. For me the solution was in permissions: you need to have the tempo project manager role for JIRA projects that the inactive user wrote time on (either by group or by user as shown below in screenshot). 

Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 15.09.05.png

Alexander Lichtleitner December 2, 2020

Thank you so much for this solution. Even the Tempo Support has no idea why some Projects show up in the Report and some other projects won't.

I am searching for over a year now.  Now i can report inactive members in their past projects.

You made my day.

Thanks a lot.

Like mathijsbrand likes this
Emily Walsh December 15, 2020

Are you using Confluence and Jira or just Jira? We only use Jira, and do not seem to have to option to assign Tempo project manager roles. Trying to recover timesheets from inactive employees who were deleted from tempo teams without leaving dates.

0 votes
Prasad Andrews April 15, 2018

Hello @Sandra Axelsdot @Chris Gray@AhmadDanial

Please provide me a solution to the below things:

• When a team member is no longer working in that team, we unmap the user from the team group. But when I do it, I am not able to view the hours logged in by them for the time period they have worked before.
  • The max time period to run tempo reports is two months, quarterly will be good to get the metrics
  • No approval for internal labor in Tempo but approval for external labor

Regards,

Prasad

StephanieC October 16, 2018

have a solution to the second bullet point. You can run reports for any time period in Tempo by adapting the URL to reflect the dates you are looking for. 

Even for Account reports you can do this, for ex: 

http://....com:.../jira/.../TempoAccountRevenueReport.jspa?id=630#dateFrom/2018-10-01/dateTo/2018-10-31

Just change the dates in Bold to whatever you'd like :-)

0 votes
Sandra Axelsdottir [Tempo] August 19, 2015

Hi

When you make a user inactive, you should still see his hours in all Tempo reports. The only thing that does not work when a user is inactive, is to look up his user timesheet. That is because users that are inactive are not accessible through user picker.
So if you view a Project, Issue, Team or any other Advanced report where the inactive users have logged time, you will see the time. From there you can click on the user name to view their user timesheet.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Sandra
Tempo Channels Manager 

StephanieC November 29, 2016

What about if the user was deleted from Active directory and you use  AD to authenticate JIRA ? We cannot see time logs from these users. 

Sandra Axelsdottir [Tempo] November 29, 2016

Hi Stephanie.

If you delete users in AD, they also get deleted in JIRA when you are authenticating via AD.

Like Bruno Borges likes this
StephanieC December 1, 2016

So then all data associated with the user is deleted as well ? All time logs, comments, etc? and the tickets they created or are assigned to just say "unknown user" ? 

Sandra Axelsdottir [Tempo] December 1, 2016

No the data will not be deleted. It will be linked the the "unknown user", but you can't look up the user's timesheet anymore. You should be able to see the hours in other reports, such as Issue reports, Project reports etc.  

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2014

Hey there, Chris.

I noticed that it has been a while since you received any response here. Therefore, I would recommend you to contact the plugin vendor to get your query answered.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Suggest an answer