Tempo and Vacation planning with approvalmechnism?

MaFisch August 21, 2012

Hi to everyone,

I'm evaluating Tempo for project and out of office time-tracking. I've seen that Tempo is providing the possibility to plan vacation times for each project member, but I've not found out if there is any possibility to have an approvalmechanism for these kind of times.

So what is the concrete Situation:

User1 want's to go on vacation and plans his off site time with tempo. Then Projectmanager PM should now be able/forced to approve those vacation plans and only if the PM hast approved the vacation, the vacation should be available in the timesheet.

Is this possible?

2 answers

0 votes
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2012

Released as a Labs feature earlier today in Tempo 7.4

http://wiki.tempoplugin.com/display/TEMPO/Tempo+7.4+Release+Notes

0 votes
Viðar Svansson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2012

Hi,

Thank you for evaluating Tempo.

Short answer: No, not currently. But we are working on it.

The user can submit his timesheet for approval and that may include his vacation plans and the manager can decide to approve or reject the timesheet as a whole. But approval workflow for induvidual plans is high on our backlog.

Cheers,
Viðar
Tempo

Suggest an answer