Tempo accounts and categories

Chris Verlaine December 8, 2013
There is a one to many relation for customers to accounts, but only a one to one relation between accounts and categories? What is the use of this, I want to set up a structure like Customers has many accounts and account has many categories (f ex Build cost vs Run cost) I then want to be able to separate the build and run cost per account, but currently the only way to do this is create 2 separate accounts with same description and different category which then will not be summed up at account level as they are split. Any way to solve this,

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Viðar Svansson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2013

Hi Chris,

The original idea was to classify accounts into types. That is how we have used them at TM Software. We have different categories like "Service Agreement", "Fixed Contract", "Training", etc. This allows us to report on different types of engaments.

You use case is quite different as you want to classify each worklog in the same account. This makes the account category relation unsuitable to you. Instead, you can add a dynamic worklog attribute with the possible values for each worklog.

We are thinking about how to solve this better and maybe we can extend the categories to be more flexible, or add a new "work type" classification on a worklog level.

Thanks for the feedback and I hope the dynamic worklog attribute feature solves your use case until we have a better solution.

Cheers,
Viðar
TEMPO

0 votes
Eduardo Anflor - MindPro
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 1, 2021

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your contact. Contractspro Cloud does not have integration with Tempo. It has its own time tracking system. We are working on New features to be released soon. You can check the roadmap on mindproapps.com/roadmap.

Regards,

Eduardo

0 votes
Mike Harvey May 1, 2021

Does this work with Jira Tempo time tracking?

0 votes
Chris Verlaine December 9, 2013

This is exactly what i have done, i have set up the account in as attribute in the worklog for the relevant project. That will do for now.

Thank you for the quick reply

Suggest an answer