Tempo: What trigger prevents me from logging work for another user?

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2016

I cannot locate this answer. I am a JIRA Admin. I can usually log work for another person by way of the Tempo Log Work dialog. I've discovered today dozens of people (after a brief look) that I cannot log work for. For instance, if I type in a known name, it does not return a match. I have looked at people's user configuration that I can log work for and they match exactly to those I cannot log work for. What gives?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tempo Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2016

Hi Paul,

To be able to log work for other users you must have; Approve Timesheet for Tempo TeamAllow user with Approve Timesheet permissions to log work for others (Global Configuration) and Browse User Permissions (to lookup user name)

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Sigrún
Tempo Support 

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2016

Thanks very much, Sigrun. I thought I was pretty savvy with Tempo. Always more to learn.

1 vote
José León _Sistel_ July 2, 2017

A simple (and supported) solution is to use this plugin:

Log work as another user

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/es.sistel.plugins.jira.logwork-as-another-user/server/overview

That allows you to log work on behalf of another user of your choice.

Regards

Suggest an answer