Tempo Timesheet on Approval

Charles Gagnon October 14, 2014

Hi,

We have JIRA with the Tempo plugin. I've been asked to push the timesheet data into a database, on approval of said timesheet. I know JIRA is customizable with plugins and such, but can I do do that with the Tempo plugin? Also, if anyone could refer me to the documentation about it, it would be much appreciated!

So to be clear, I want to either customize Tempo Timesheet OR develop a plugin(or a listener) that will "attach itself to Tempo Timesheet" that will push the timesheet into our database when the timesheet is approved. So basically, can I customize Tempo Timesheet to do that?

Thanks

Charles

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2014

I don't think that what you want is possible. Of course, you cannot easily extend an add on.

I think what you might be looking for to actually listen to the DB itself for updates on the Tempo databases. Going to be tough. 

Charles Gagnon October 14, 2014

I see, ugh, there`s never an easy way is it? Do you think it could it be done another way through Jira? Thanks for your answer by the way!

Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2014

Hi Charles, in Tempo Timesheets 7.10.2 (released yesterday, 14. Okt.2014) we introduced the "addApprovalStatus" to the Tempo servlet that can be used to create an XML export. To add the approval status to the URL, you need to add the parameter in the format "addApprovalStatus=true". Please take a look at https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO/Tempo+Servlet+Manual for more information, please note that this new parameter is not yet documented. Hope this helps Kind regards, Susanne

Suggest an answer