Tempo Timesheet - Unable to view timesheet of a newly created user on Tempo

Avinash K Sampath March 15, 2016

Hi All,

I am facing an issue with the Tempo timesheet. I am unable to view the timesheet of any new users created recently.

I have sufficient permissions - I am the administrator, tempo project manager and developer for all projects. I have also added the new user to a Tempo team and assigned roles to the user for the project. Still I am unable to view the timesheet under Tempo–> Timesheet --> User 

Steps to reproduce this:

1. Create a new user in JIRA
  2. Add the user to a Tempo Team and assign a developer role to the user for a project. 
  3. Link the project to the Tempo team
  4. As the new user, log work on any of the ticket under the project
  5. Goto Tempo–> Timesheet --> User : Search for the new user. There wont be any results when you search.

Could you please help and let me know how to resolve this.

Thanks.

Avinash

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Avinash K Sampath August 8, 2016

Finally found out why the user was not visible in tempo.  Please follow these steps to track a user's timesheet.

1. Once new users have been added, go to project administration of the project you want these new users to be part of.
  2. Click on Users and Roles on the left sidebar menu. Add the new users as developers to the project or whichever role you think would fit. 
  3. Next, Goto Tempo --> Teams (click on more if you dont see your team). If there is no team present already, create a new team for your project. Else, click on the team, go to or click Configuration , click on Members, add the new users as members of this team, select respective roles and save.
  4. Next, is the important step, that I missed. In the Tempo Team Configuration left sidebar menu, click on permissions. You will see Browse Team, Approve Timesheet and Plan Time. Beside them, you will see Users and Group. Under the users, please add yourself, else add jira-administrator as the group if you are part of it.

The above will make the user's timesheet accessible.

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2016

Thank you so much! This was driving me nuts. Without step 4 in this post, you cannot browse to the user's timesheet...at all. I spent 4 days trying to figure this out.

Avinash K Sampath November 16, 2016

Your welcome, I spent a few months trying to uncover this.

AJ de Wet January 4, 2017

Until yesterday I used to be able as an Administrator to search for a user or view a users time logs on Tempo timesheet view. My global JIRA permission is set to browse Team and Approve Timesheets. What happened since yesterday? I am unable to select any team member/user.

Thanks

AJ

Naledi October 26, 2017

Hi Avinash, 

I have tried the steps 1-4 and still i am unable to view my team's hours on the Timesheet. Please bare in mind I upgraded to the new look and feel of Jira not so long ago, so I dont get the same experience as in Step 4. I have added my name in all 3 permissions (Browse, Plan, Approve timesheets) in the Tempo teams section.

I also checked my user settings and i have the following permissions: 

- Jira-administrators

- Jira-software-users

-Jira-service-desk-users

-site-admins

-administrators

-developers

- atlassian-addons-project-access 

on Global Settings i even made sure i added the (Tempo, Tempo team and Tempo Account) to the Jira-administators group and also to the atlassian-addons-project-access groups.

Right now I'm starting to think it could be the fact that we are still running the Tempo trial on Cloud. If the trial doesnt work we might have to look at other add-ons that work. As i need to motivate this to my directors so that they can support it.

I've run out of options of what to do.... PLEASE HELP!

Sandra Björg Axelsdóttir October 26, 2017

Hi Naledi.

In order to view other people's worklogs, you need to make sure you have the "view all worklogs" permission in the project permissions scheme (all applicable schemes).

It's not clear in your message wether you have that permission or not. Being in all Jira groups, or an admin, does not grant you this permission by default.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Sandra

Naledi October 27, 2017

Hi Sandra, 

Thank you so much for your response. Could you please advise me how i can get to Project Permissions schemes? 

I'm not sure if the above is the same as in Global Permissions --> Permission Schemes where i was able to see the below: 

--Time Tracking Permissions-- section which had "View All Worklogs" with a summary of "Ability to view all worklogs for the project in Tempo Timesheets." with Project Role: "atlassian-addons-project-access" and "Jira-administrators" already assigned to it. 

So i'm not sure what the issue could be for me to not be able to view my team's hours.  

Sandra Björg Axelsdóttir October 27, 2017

Hi Naledi.

Permissions Schemes are under Jira administration -> Issues -> Permission Scheme (bottom link on left hand side once in Issues tab in the admin).

See Atlassian's documentation on Permission Schemes:

And Tempo's documentation on "view all worklogs" permission: 

Like Turgay Kemal Göklen likes this
Kriti Jain July 18, 2020

Hey Avinash, 

Your analysis is very helpful for me, without 4th point in your post I will not able to find the solution of my problem. I spent 2 full days to figure out the issue. 

Thank you :)

0 votes
stratejos [stratejos.ai] March 21, 2016

Hi Avi,

I can't replicate your problem. 

With Step 4, are you able to see that the work was logged against the ticket itself (independent of Tempo)?

For more information (if you haven't already found it) you can find the Tempo User Guide here: https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO/Tempo+User's+Guide

Also, it would be a good idea to tag your ticket with "tempo".

Stratebot

Avinash K Sampath March 28, 2016

Hi Stratebot,

When I search for the user in Step 4, I am not able to find the user at all. Its not showing up in the auto-populated list.

Like Santiago likes this

Suggest an answer