Tempo Teams - Do the Join/Leave dates impact reports?

Daniel Puyau July 14, 2014

Scenario-

• John Smith belongs to Team A from June 1st - June 15th.
  • John Smith then belongs to Team B from June 16th - June 30th
  • If I run a monthly report for Team A should it only show John's June 1st - June 15th time since that is the only window he was designated as being on Team A?

I attempted this but it seemed to pull the entire month even though John was only on the team for the first few weeks of June. Just checking if I somehow configured it incorrectly or if this is not yet possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2014

Hi Daniel,

this is not supported in the current version of Tempo Timesheets.

The Team Timesheet shows all the worklogs for all users that have been Team members during the chosen timeperiod.

In the monthly view, all worklogs for John Smith will show in both Team timesheets. In the Week view they will only show for both Teams in the week from 14th to 20th.

Kind regards,

Susanne

0 votes
boerh August 4, 2014

Hi Danial, Susanne,

We ran into the same problem today. In our case the scenario was a bit different:

• John Smith switched from team A to team B on July 1st. In the team configurations he is leaving team A June 30th and is joining team B July 1st.
  • If we run the report for June only for team B the hours for John are not included. This is expected.
  • If we run the report from June 1st until July 31st for team B all hours from John are included. Also the hours from June.

I would say that in the last case (report from June 1st until July 31st) the result is incorrect. This behavior is unexpected. I'd think this is more a bug than an unsupported feature. Would you agree?

Kind regards,

Hugo Boer

Suggest an answer