Tempo - Some users can't add time on Monthly timesheet view

Daniel Puyau August 3, 2014

We affectionaltely call this issue "Tempo doesn't like Mondays" =)

The issue we have (reported by various users) is that on Mondays, some users cannot add NEW time via the Monthly view of their timesheet. They are able to click on any other day and then change the date to Monday's date and submit the time, are able to add time directly to a ticket, however cannot simply click on the little box on the Monday column and add time. Any other day? No problem.

Troubleshooting:

• Users can add time to a Monday in the future, just not the current Monday
  • Happens intermittently. The first user to report it doesn't seem to be getting it today (Mon 8/4/14)
  • The Monday in question has not already been submitted for approval as part of a previous timesheet
  • Doesn't happen to me and since I am an admin this makes me think it's related to permissions BUT -
  • The jira issue(s) they are attempting to add time to are not closed
  • The user(s) have access to the project(s) and issue(s) they are attempting to log time to

This is screwy I know and I am sure it's something silly that I am missing. I have pasted a screencast below of what they are seeing. You will see that when he clicks on the Monday column, he can't add time, but when he clicks on the next column (Tues) he can.

http://screencast.com/t/4pCh0YLj1A2

Thank you for your help

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2014

Hi Daniel,

this is caused by a bug in the Timesheet approval. When you are using the weekly approval, Monday in the week after the approval week gets also closed.

We are working on a fix for this that will hopefully make it into Tempo Timesheets 7.10.

Kind regards,

Susanne

0 votes
Brendon McCarthy August 4, 2014

Same exact issue plus at least one other oddity. I cannot edit a time entry in a ticket, but I can edit time on a timesheet.

Never experienced this issue before today.

Update:

Added ticket to Tempo Jira https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/TT-993

Suggest an answer