Tempo Question

Antonio Gallegos July 23, 2015

Hello, the company I work for currently pays for the Atlassian OnDemand services, and we use Jira a fair amount, but we would like to cut back on costs.

Accordingly, we would like to know what we would lose if we stopped using the Tempo Plugin for Jira. Would we still be able to log hours? What features would be not be able to access if we stop using/paying for Tempo?

My boss's main Jira account would be under the name of technoglobal, I believe it is registered to the emailjorge.canal@technoglobalinc.com.

3 answers

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2015

Hi Antonio,

he would not be able to see how many hours a Team member has reported as Teams is a Tempo feature.

He can see hours logged on an Issue in the Work Log tab of the Activity section of the Issue but all Timesheets views will no longer be available. Also the "Accounts" feature or "worklog attributes" (in case you are using them) will no longer be available.

You can see the difference in your system by disabling Tempo Timesheets in the JIRA Adminsitration (Add-ons, Manage add-ons, expand the Tempo Timesheets section and choose "Disable". This will disable all features of Tempo in your system and you can see the difference before taking a decision.

Regards, 

Susanne

0 votes
Antonio Gallegos July 23, 2015

Thank you Adalberto, I guess I didn't see that email.

Without tempo, would an administrator be able to see a report of how many hours each team member has reported?

0 votes
Adalberto Schneider
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2015

Hi Antonio,

I already answered you using a ticket, but i will answer here again to help other users that may have the same question.

"You can still log hours in JIRA even without using the Tempo Plugin.

Logging Work on an Issue

For more information about the Tempo Plugin features you will need to contact the respective support team once Atlassian do not support this plugin and we do not have a detailed list of features provided by this plugin.
http://www.tempoplugin.com/

You can still ask or specific features (as you did about log hours) and i can answer you if you can do it in JIRA or not."

Thanks.

Adalberto Schneider

Suggest an answer