Tempo Plugin: What is the purpose of "Account" in Tempo?

Peter Straub July 14, 2015

I'm currently testing the Tempo Plugin and I don't clearly understand the purpose of "Account" ?

Is it an account in the sense of a Cost Accounting  or Financial Accounting "Account"? or does it have another purpose or meaning within the Tempo Plugins?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Snæbjörn Ólafsson July 16, 2015

Thank you Fabrizio for that answer!

Peter, if you want to know more about Tempo Accounts you can look through our Accounts FAQs

Hope this helps.

Best regards,  Snæbjörn

1 vote
Fabrizio Galletti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2015

You can decide how to use it.

Usually is something related to a customer, could it be a service, or initiative or more.  It's really powerfull because you can create account related to customer and category, and enable that on different project. 

Worked hour can be placed on a different account (same issue) and you an create different report about that.

Usually these information are used to export and integrate them on different system

0 votes
Chris Voisey July 27, 2015

While I agree that "Account" is confusing and good for support for the other products in the Tempo family, it is causing issues with other plugins.   We are trying Helpdesk Pilot right now and while creating a form it tells us we need a "number" entry for this field.  We've tried the obvious but it doesn't seem to work.   In a similar respect, we HAVE to enter a value for this field every time we enter a new issue.  It's annoying.   There should be a way to at least assign a default value if it is left empty.   Perhaps that would solve the problems for those of us that do not want that level of detail.

Viðar Svansson August 6, 2015

Hi Chris, You can contact Tempo Support. I think they should be able to help you with some of the issues.

Edgard Silva September 7, 2015

You can set the field to "not required"

Suggest an answer