Tempo Planner resource over-allocation question

Lee Cash November 25, 2014

Hi guys, 

I may be missing something very basic (apologies in advance if I am) but I have a question about resource allocation in Tempo Planner when it comes to over-allocation (getting a yellow line in the Planning time-line). 

Three images attached. All test data. 

Alex has been assigned to this project for 50%. (image 1) 

I then assign two stories to Alex for the same time period (Images 2 and 3). Both assignments are 50% (3.5 hours per day). This suggests that Alex is working 7h on this project during this time. But his allocation to this project is 50% (3.5 hours). 

Question: why doesn't Tempo Planner show Alex as over-allocated during this time period? 

Regards, 

Lee 

Screen Shot 2014-11-25 at 12.26.14.png

Screen Shot 2014-11-25 at 12.26.38.pngScreen Shot 2014-11-25 at 12.26.14.pngScreen Shot 2014-11-25 at 12.26.46.png

1 answer

0 votes
Heiða Dóra Jónsdóttir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2014

Hi Lee

Over allocation is calculated based on the persons commitment according to their workload scheme, and not to their availability in the team. According to this Alex will not become over allocated untill plans are made for over 100% (which in his case is 7 hours). If Alex would only be working part time for 3.5 hours according to the workload scheme, he would become over allocated when planned for more then 3.5 hours.

For more information on workload schemes please see: https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO710/Workload+Schemes

I hope this has been helpful.

Best regards,

Heiða Dóra

Tempo Team

Suggest an answer