Tempo Planner Not Showing Component/Fixversion sums

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2014

i'm giving Tempo Planner a trial run to see if it can fit our needs. however, i've run into a problem that i hope is easy to diagnose. in the screenshot below, you'll see it's showing 0 hours for our fixversions and for our components:

i expected this to show me the summation of either estimated or remaining for our project, but that doesn't seem to be the case. in fact, here's a screenshot of an issue. note that it's in the project screenshotted above, has a fixversion, has a component, and has an estimate and remaining.

i read in the documentation that permissions might be an issue if i cannot be anything in the work items tab. since they show but aren't summing off, i've dismissed this being a permissions issue. still, i'm not sure where to look next to find the solution. ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2014

Hi,

the "0" showing in the Work-items means that you have not yet planned any work for this item.

In the current version of Tempo Planner it is only possible to show the estimation for Sprints and the Backlog of a JIRA Agile Scrum board. Showing the estimation for Epics, Components and Versions is in our backlog, to be implemented soon.

To view the estimation for Work-items on a Scrum board, you need to go to the configuration og the JIRA Agile Scrum Board and choose "Remaining Estimate and Time Spent" in the "Estimation" tab.

Kind regards,

Susanne

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2014

after posting my question yesterday, i had the aha moment when i realized what i was doing wrong. great tool. i'm loving what it's capable of. :)

Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2014

Thank you, we appreciate this!

Tempo team

Suggest an answer