Tempo Period Management Opening Periods Too Far in the Future

Kris van der Starren September 30, 2013

Tempo is automatically opening time periods too far in the future. For example, when I went into the "Period Management" in the admin today (Oct 1st), it had opened the time period for December. Is there a setting somewhere that controls this?

Ideally, what I'd like is to have Tempo automatically open the current time period and close a time period one day after it the last day in the period - if that's possible.

3 answers

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2013

this is normal, usually you have three open periods into the future in the Period Management list.

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2013

There is no special reason for this, it is only for convenience to see the upcomming periods. All the periods in the future are open but only the next 3 periods are shown in the list.

Kris van der Starren October 1, 2013

Sorry, I'm still not sure I understand. It didn't automatically open October and November, only December. Is that normal or is this perhaps something I should be contacting support about?

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2013

Hi Kris,

at the first of the month a new period gets opened. This is default and cannot be changed. You can close periods in the future manually.

You can change the time users can log work into the future. This is done in the Tempo Timesheets Global Configuration (https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO/Global+Configuration) and you can close the period by using the scheduler (https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO/Configuring+Tempo+Scheduler).

Hope this helps

Susanne (Tempo)

Kris van der Starren October 1, 2013

at the first of the month a new period gets opened.

Thanks Susanne. Is there a reason why it would open December? I could understand if it opened October but December doesn't really make sense.

Suggest an answer