Tempo - Marking Hours as Invoiced or Billed

Ryan McIntyre February 15, 2013

I love what Tempo is able to do with timetracking, but as a manager, I'm finding it frustrating that I cannot seem to mark employee hours as "billed/invoiced" so I know that I have sent and invoice to a client. I've tried using custom Worklog Attributes to give me a "flag", but I'm only able to set that flag when I CREATE a worklog. I don't get that flag when I want to go and edit it.

I'd like to know if I'm missing something, or if the feature is not possible.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2013

Hi Ryan,

You need to toggle the worklog attribute in the Tempo Report. Go to Views -> [name of attribute]. Then it should be displayed as a column.

Please watch this issue for future updates about invoicing status of worklogs: https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/JTMPO-501

0 votes
Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2013

Yes you can edit the worklog attribute on the reporting screen. Open the "Views" menu and click on the worklog attribute you would like to see on the screen.

0 votes
Marc Pflieger April 2, 2013

Ryan only answered the abililty to see a worklog attribute.

Is there a way to actually edit the attribute from the report view? I have added a boolean type worklog attribute of "Invoiced", and it would be amazing if I could click each time log as "Invoiced" true once I match hours from an invoice to the respective worklog/task

I am actually on the opposite side of the transaction. I am the customer who is project managing consultants doing work for me. When they send me a bill (which is never on an exact schedule) I look at their breakdown, compare it to mine in JIRA, and I want to be able to check off worklogs that they entered in my JIRA as having been invoiced by my consultants. The next time an invoice comes in it will be easy to see where we left off so that there is no overlap or double billing, as well as give me the ability to validate that the hours they say they worked, and that I know they worked match.

So the bottom line is, is there a way to edit the worklog attribute via the reporting screen? that would be powerful

Suggest an answer