Tempo Log work screen

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2014

Hi

I recently installed tempo timesheets on our jira server.

After installing it, i am observing a strange behavior.

On the view issue screen, if i try to log work by clicking on the + sign on time tracking menu, it gives me a different screen to log work. This screen does not give me the different options to set the remaining time estimate e.g. Remaining estimate: adjust automatically, set to , reduce by etc.

How can i get my conventional log work screen back?

More over, if i use keyboard shortcuts i.e. dot and then L, it gives me two options for Log Work, which is confusing.

How can i fix this?

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2014

Hi Rahul,

after installing Tempo, you get the possibility to log work through JIRA or Tempo. Tempo takes over the logging through the + sign (same dialog as in the Tempo section of the Issue and in Timesheet).

The JIRA log work dialog is still available in the "More" dropdown in the Issue view. All worklogs are shown in the Tempo Timesheet independent of the worklog dialog you are using.

Many Tempo users disable the JIRA log work dialog, especially if they are using worklog attributes. Please take a look at http://www.tempoplugin.com/faq/how-can-i-disable-the-jira-log-work-dialog/ for information on how this is done.

Best regards

Susanne (Tempo)

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2014

Thanks Susanne, that explains it.

Neeraj Tiwari March 13, 2014

Susan,

I have an additional question if you can answer. JIRA's log work feature affects the Burndown charts. Hence we do not want to disable JIRA's log work feature. But we still need Tempo because of it's timesheet features. I researched but did not find a way to disable the Tempo's log work feature but just wanted to double-check with you.

0 votes
Simon Kälberer January 7, 2019

Jira and Tempo work log dialog are visible at the same time

In addition to these addons we also use the structure addon. If issue details are shown in the structure addon detail area both work log dialogs will be opened at the same time (see screenshot) when the user clicks on the "+" above the time information.

Closing these dialogs by clicking cancel works fine.

However if a user is logging working hours in the tempo screen processing of the entry will take forever. And the user has to reload the page. But, work logs will be saved correctly.

It seems like a bug in the UI. Is there any workaround for this issue?

Cheers,

Simon

0 votes
Hợp Lực September 18, 2018

Jira standard worklog menu disapperas when upgrade to Tempo Timesheet 8.13.1

we need jira's standard worklog menu (on issue) for several use case.but when we upgrade to Tempo Timesheet 8.13, that menu disappears and lots of our works are affected.

i even try to disable and then enable jira's worklog according to the link below but it still doesn't show

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-disable-the-log-work-option-in-jira-715129243.htmlplease

please support me on this.

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2014

It is not possible to disable to Tempo Log Work dialog as logging work is one of the basic functions of Tempo.

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2018

Hi @Susanne Götz [T1,

We have recently updated Tempo timesheets to the latest version 8.13. We are no longer able to see the conventional "Log Work" option. The users have started asking for the conventional option. The conventional option is not seen under More option either. Please advise. 

Regards

Niran

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2014

Hi Neeraj,

both, work logged in JIRA and in Tempo, affect the Burndown charts in JIRA Agile. Some users have experienced problems with the burndown due to different timezones of users and their JIRA server (see also http://www.tempoplugin.com/faq/why-is-there-a-time-difference-between-my-jira-worklog-and-my-tempo-work-log/ for more information).

It is possible to disable the Tempo Log work dialog in the Issue view, but if you are using worklog attributes, they will no longer be available.

JS July 29, 2014

How do you disable Tempo Log Work dialog?

Dawn Fama February 16, 2017

Hello Susanne, you mentioned

It is possible to disable the Tempo Log work dialog in the issue view.  Can you provide steps on how to do this?  Thank you

Suggest an answer