Tempo JQL Filter Permissions

Chris McInnes January 19, 2014

Hi Guys,

I've got the latest version of Tempo installed in my JIRA On Premise setup.

I'm trying to use some of their JQL Functions to filter issues as described in this article:

https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO/Tempo+JQL+Functions

When I try using the Account field (eg Account = "123") it returns an error

Field 'Account' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.

I'm logged in as the System Administrator and have full access to the Accounts section.

The Assignee in Team("Team Name") functions work properly

Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Chris

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2014

Hi Chris,

the error message seems to indicate a conflict between Custom fields in JIRA. If you start to write the name of your Tempo Account Custom Field, you should only get one possible choice in the dropdown. If you get more than one possibility to choose from, please rename the Custom field to a have a unique name.

Hope this helps

Susanne

Chris McInnes January 20, 2014

Thanks for the feedback Susanne - that sorted it out. There was a conflict between Account and Client in the custom field mapping. 2 Different administrators using different nomenclature :)

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2014

Hi Chris,

the only permisson for the Account filter is the Browse Project permission, but there seems to be a problem with the JQL.

I had no problems using this feature if the name for the Tempo Account Custom Field was "Account" but if I chose a different name I got the same error you received. Then I could get it to work like this (using Tempo Timesheets 7.8.1.1):

If you use f.x the query Account IN accountsByCustomer("ACME")

Please start by entering the name of the Tempo Account Custom Field. A dropdown should open and give you the possibility to choose the custom field (use the one with the cf[xxxxxx] added. After adding IN to the string, a new dropdown should open and give you the possibility to choose "accountsByCustomer(""). Add the Customer key instead of ACME. This should give you all issues which include the Tempo Account custom field for a Customer with this key.

I will send this to the development team for maintenance.

Hope this helps

Susanne

Suggest an answer