Tempo: Issue Worklog is not becoming invalid when account field is missing

Christian Schlaefcke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2014

Hi,

in the past the work log validation worked like described in the Tempo docs here and here.

But since some of the latest Tempo plugin updates or due to some unrecognized mis-configuration this is not working anymore. We have JIRA 6.1.5 together with Tempo 7.8.3 - The Account is mapped to the custom field "Billing Key".

I understand so far that the expression setting in the tempo field configuration view is responsible for work logs becoming invalid or not. I tried to enter "Billing Key" here and even with the custom field id ("cf[10242]") but work logs with empty "Billing Key" remain valid. I also tried to use "Account" or "(fixVersions || components) && Account" as suggested in the expression field discription but using this the work log becomes invalid no matter if a value for Billing Key is set or not.

Any hints on this are very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Christian

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Schlaefcke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2014

Hi,

I renamed the CF "Billing Key" to "BillingKey" and also to "Account". I also tried with quotes - no change :-(

I opened JTS-988 on this.

Regards,

Christian

0 votes
Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2014

Hi,

Try changing the CF name to "Account" and also change the expression to "Account". If that works then there is an issue with the CF name. Maybe it does not like "Billing Key" because it is two words. Maybe you had to put the name in quotes if you had whitespace in the CF name.

Otherwise it sounds like a bug.

-Viðar

Felix Gebhard April 1, 2014

Hi,

I renamed the CF "Billing Key" to "BillingKey" and also to "Account". I also tried with quotes - no change :-(

I opened JTS-988 on this.

Regards,

Christian

0 votes
Sandra Axelsdóttir [Tempo] March 31, 2014

Hi Christian

In Tempo Administration -> Fields, you should enter the exact name of the account custom field you created in the Expression field.

Note: The Field page in Tempo Administration is one of few where you need to hit the save button at the bottom of the page when finished.

Christian Schlaefcke
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2014

Hi Sandra,

this is exactly what I tried - without success :-(

I selected the Billing Key Field as Account and entered the Name of the field in the expression field:

Then I selected an issue without Billing Key and logged some work:

But in my time sheet the issue remains valid:

Do I have to quote the name of the custrom field in the expression - e.g. "Billing Key". Is the white space maybe causing the problem? Is it a bug?

I ensured that I hit the save button after my changes

Best Regards,

Christian

Suggest an answer