Tempo Account vs Project Burn up Chart issue

Laura Barrett April 9, 2014

I have a burn up chart that runs off the tempo account, however when reporting on the Project the time differs on the hours tracked?

e.g. burn up chart shows 27hrs used

project shows 35hrs used

can anyone suggest why this is?

2 answers

0 votes
Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2014

Hi Laura,

Open the project timesheet and view it as a report for this timeframe. Make sure that Account is selected under "Columns" option. Review that the same account is on all worklogs.

Cheers,
Viðar

Thank you for your reply, I didn't know that existed until you said.

I have checked and they are all tracking against the same account.

I think the issue relates to the User rather than the account, I have 3 people working on the project all 3 are on the project timesheet report but only 2 seem to be outputting to the burn up chart?

Many Thanks

Laura

Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2014

Interesting, is it possible that you have account set as a worklog attribute?

Maybe one person is using the JIRA Log Work function while the others are using Tempo Log Work function. If you use JIRA's, then you don't have the worklog attributes on the form.

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2014

Hi Laura,

can you confirm that both the Tempo Account burn up chart and the Project report are set for the same timeframe.

Can you also see if the Project is linked to more than one Account, some issues within the Project might then have a different Account set.

Kind regards

Susanne

Hi Susanne,

I can confirm that they are both set to 1/4/14 - 30/4/14.

How do I see about the project linked to an account?

What I have noticed is it is one particular user who's time isn't showing up, but I have checked his groups when compared to other users who's time is showing up and there aren't any differences?

Thank you

Laura

Suggest an answer