Tempo Account as Custom Field Question

Chris McInnes January 20, 2014

Hi There,

I've added the "Tempo Account as a Custom Field" to my Issue Creation scheme and the combo box appears with the values in the format of "KEY - ACCOUNT NAME"

Are there any options to customise this any further and just list the Account name (no key) or even make it a searchable text box?

We have about 80 odd Accounts for our users to select from so the current combo box isn't as user friendly as I would like.

Thanks

Chris

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2014

The release of Tempo Timesheets 7.9 is scheduled for March and the improvements of Accounts will be part of it.

Chris McInnes June 17, 2014

Hi Suzanne,

I just wanted to follow up and see if this feature was included in the 7.9 release?

I've just upgraded to 7.9.1.3 and have not been able to find anything in the configuration to let me set the format that the Account Name is displayed in?

Cheers

Chris

Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2014

This was not included in Tempo Timesheets 7.9. This feature will most likely be included in Tempo 8.0 that is sceduled to be released late in August/ early September.

John Fisher July 23, 2014

Hey Suzanne

We have exactly the same requirement as Chris but with a VERY large volume of Accounts and are really keen to understand the improvements and timing.

We are presently utilising the Cloud based version of Jira with Tempo Timesheets and would really like to fully utilise the Accounts capability but unfortunately in it's current guise is far from suitable with any decent volume of Accounts.

cheers

John

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2014

Hi Chris,

you should assign your Accounts to the JIRA projects. This will limit the number of accounts available in the dropdown when creating an Issue as only the accounts connected to the Project are then available.

All Projects need to be assigned to an Account otherwise worklogs on issues, belonging to an unassigned Project, will be marked as "invalid".

It is not possible to customize this further at the moment but we are working on changes and improvements for Tempo Accounts and will start releasing them in Tempo Timesheets 7.9.

Kind regards

Susanne

Chris McInnes January 20, 2014

Hi Suzanne,

Unfortunatley the permissions/project assignment won't work in this particular instance.

We are using JIRA and TEMPO to manage our Graphic Design team and requests from across the business.

The idea is the Sales Teams create an issue (Creative Brief) which is a Project Type and then select the Client the job relates to from a list of 80 odd currently active accounts.

It would be great if we could customise the display format of the values in this control to make it easier to use (even just remove the KEY and show the Account Name in alphabetical order would be a big step up).

For our Software Development Projects its not such an issue as the Account (there is generally only 1) is already assigned to the project.

Do you have any idea on a timeframe for release of 7.9?

Thanks

Chris

Suggest an answer