Templates with epics and stories in different projects

Kalai April 27, 2021

I have created an epic template and a few story templates (with set of fields) and it works well.

Now I need a template to create an epic in one project and the stories should be created in different projects. Can this be done?

1 answer

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

Hi @Kalai 

Stories from different projects can belong to an epic in another project. Here's a link on options for creating templates.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Where-can-i-create-issue-templates-in-Jira/qaq-p/941917

Hope this helps.

Kalai April 28, 2021

@Benjamin I went through the link. I'm not finding the answer I'm looking for. I have an epic template with 4 story templates linking to the epic. When I create an epic in another project say "Tracking" all the story issues are created in the same project. I want them to be created in 4 different projects - I don't know how to set that up in the story templates that when the epic is created in "Tracking" the stories should be created in specific projects. 

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

@Kalai  - Usually, I have seen add-ons will help with templating the Epic with it associated sub-task and children.

check out:

Issue Templates for Jira

Easy Templates for Jira Issues

Kalai May 6, 2021

I did spend some time on it, but I still don't seem to be able to get what I need.

In case I wasn't clear... I create the template structure on the left, it works fine if the epic and stories are all to be created in the same project. 

But in my case I want use the epic template to create the epic in PPROJ which should in turn create the issues (stories) in 3 different projects. 

IMG_5964.jpg

Suggest an answer