Templates for rapid boards?

Nicolás Amitrano January 6, 2015

Hello, I want to know if there is any way to create rapid boards from templates, or import a generic board configuration from some place. We have a lot of projects in our company and it will be good to have a base configuration without need to configure each board at the same way.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2015

I would just create a board called something like !!!DONOTUSE!!! TEMPLATE - 1 and then tell people not to use it. Then go to Manage Boards and click the Copy link on the right hand side to make more boards like it. Then edit those to suit your needs.

Nicolás Amitrano January 7, 2015

Thanks for the reply Boris. I Know that it's possible to copya a board but it still's linked to the same project and i want to replicate just the configuration, not the project.

It's there any option to remove a project from a board and link another one but maintaining the configuration?

Thanks in advance.

Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2015

There is no such thing as a link between the board and a project. There is just the JQL filter which can restrict or not restrict to a given project. This would need to be customized in a new board no matter what. So if it comes with the old value, it should not be a problem.

Nicolás Amitrano January 8, 2015

Ok now I understand how the board works using the filters. Any way when I duplicate the board some options (like card layouts options) are ommited in the copy. 

I'm not sure if  it's normal to have board templates, maybe I'm not understanding well how to manage multiple projects in JIRA with the new rapid boards, because it's really strange not having a well crafted board template option like the classic boards one.

Sounds like this is not a necessary feature but I cannot imagine why it's not.

Suggest an answer