Template comments

Jamil Rahimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 24, 2018

We have template comment it shows reporter name and current user when cursor is clicked.

1.PNG//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But we have problem with this template.
It appears on issue view screen:
2.PNG//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But doesn't work for transition screen:
3.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 24, 2018

Hi @Jamil Rahimov

on your transition issue comment screenshot, the menu button on the right of the comment toolbar should select a template.

Jamil Rahimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 24, 2018

Can you show this please? Because I didn't find it.
There is toggle visibility but it doesn't affect template comments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 24, 2018

Tom is talking about the + in the menu bar, with the drop-down arrow to the bottom right of it.

Jamil Rahimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 24, 2018

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
But I can't see template comment.
2.PNG

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 24, 2018

Hi Jamil

we mean the next button over to the right that looks like a cartoon speech bubble

Jamil Rahimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 24, 2018

@Tom Lister

I found it but this is response.
I need template comment.
3.PNG

Jamil Rahimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 24, 2018
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 24, 2018

Ok My bad

Just to confirm, you are using the Adaptavist Template comments for service desk?

Jamil Rahimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 24, 2018

Yes

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 24, 2018

Hi Jamil

I've tried a few options but I am ending up with same issue in workflow screens. I notice the pop-up screen comments are formatted slightly differently with may affect the plugin.

Jira is also warning me this plugin is incompatible with my 7.12.3 server which may or may not be relevant. Marketplace only shows versions compatible up to 7.10.2

I think I'll have to leave this to Adaptavist ;-(

Jamil Rahimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 26, 2018

@Tom Lister
Okay let's do this.
I will use canned response but I need your help.

I want display issue assignee and reporter when mouse is clicked but I don't know how to do this.

Please pay attention to this image: 
I added this response but
1.PNG//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
It doesn't work properly:
2.PNG

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 26, 2018

Hi

I'm not sure what the assignee variable is without looking up docs and I'm short of time over the holidays.

It is obviously working in principal as you can see the reporter name

Jamil Rahimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 26, 2018

@Tom Lister

I try but it doesn't work.

You can reply whenever you want

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 27, 2018

Hi

if you mean the [] characters that is the text view of the wiki markup. 

Is there a tab at the bottom of the comment to switch it to visual rendering?

re assignee name, not sure of syntax without searching for it, maybe later

try

issue.assignee.displayName

Jamil Rahimov
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2019

@Tom Lister

I tried this one: ${issue.assignee.name} and this ${issue.assignee.displayName} but didn't work.

Available canned responses:
${issue.summary}
${issue.description}
${issue.key}
${issue.reporter.name}
${issue.resolution}
${request.url}
${request.status}
${request.details}

Aleksandr Bogun December 24, 2019

Dear @Jamil Rahimov ,

You can try following app: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219597/field-templates-for-jira

This add-on provides possibility to set-up comment templates (project and personal).

I think it should help you.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer