Team members not showing up on board after adding them

Alex August 22, 2020

All of my team members are project administrators and can view the board in our project, but not all team members are showing up in my view of the board (even after I add them). Any ideas what might be going on here? 

8 answers

0 votes
Thomas Wohlwend March 1, 2024

Hi, I also have a strange behavior on the Board in Jira Work Management Cloud. I, as a org admin and admin of the project have all the user avatars/initials available on the board who are a member of the project, even those having no issues assigned. My colleagues who are members of the project can only see their own avatar/initial as filters but not other avatars/initials even if they see cards with other members assigned. That is very weird.

0 votes
Ahmed Elkhazragy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 20, 2024

Guys is there any solution? in the Backlog view I can see all members but when I go to the Board view 2 were missed !!

Any idea ? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2024

@Ahmed Elkhazragy , if you're referring to the avatars then it is important to understand that only users with issues assigned to them appearing on the board will show in the avatar list. if you are seeing something different, that is where a user is assigned an issue that is appearing on the board, but their avatar is not showing please share the details, including images of where this is the case.

Ahmed Elkhazragy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 20, 2024

Hi Jack, yes please check the image

Jira team not show issue.png

0 votes
Dorothy Callahan June 13, 2023

Hi,

You may have figured this out by now but in case not.

My work around:

go to active board

click on board settings

under settings > quick filter

create quick filter 

Below the filter name would be Sue's Issues

Assignee = when you start to type in Sue's name her assignee reference number will appear

Name filter Sue's Issues.

Jira Board Filters.PNG

When you return to board view, you will see all the quick filter name you just created for board

Jira Board Filters.2.PNG

Hope this helps a bit.

Dorothy

0 votes
Azat Khalilov October 4, 2021

Experiencing the same issue here, is there any solution to this?

0 votes
Andrew Brush June 21, 2021

@Jack Brickey , I am experiencing this same issue. I have added a new team member to my board but their assigned issues are not showing up. They have member level role, just as others who are showing, issues assigned in their names with epics assigned. They can view the board but their avatar and issues are not visible on the board.

What steps can we take to resolve this issue?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

What is the board filter? If you take the board filter and paste that into a JQL search does the user’s issues show up in the results? Are there any possible quick filters that are being applied that are filtering out this users issues? Is just the avatar missing or are the issues missing from the board? Some screenshots and further information might help me better assist you.

0 votes
Anuradha Yadav May 10, 2021

do we have solution here?

Regards,

Anuradha

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2021

What specific issue are you experiencing? As mentioned above the avatar icons will only show the user has issues here within the board.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2020

Hello Alex,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Just to better understand the issue, the avatars are not showing on the top if the board or on the cards?

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 16.58.35.png

Is it happening on a next-gen or classic project?

For the avatars to appear on the top of the board, then it's necessary to assign issues to them as Jack mentioned.

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2020

Hi Alex, welcome to the Community. Do the users have issues assigned to them? For the avatar to be displayed this would need to be the case. 

Alex August 22, 2020

Hi Jack, Yes, they do have issues assigned to them and avatars are still not being displayed for some reason

Like # people like this
Christine Campbell November 30, 2021

I have this issue as well. Any idea what's going on?

Baim Kamil April 6, 2023

It's 2023, quite sad to see there's no solution in this thread. Anyone can help?

Like jorge.ovalles likes this
Amanda Light May 5, 2023

May 2023, is there an answer to this or at least a workaround?

Like jorge.ovalles likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events