Tasks and issues

Roy Evans June 25, 2013

We have a requirement to have multiple tasks assigned to an issue created by the business.

We are looking at using Jira have the business enter issues. We also want to track the tasks activities against those issues. Basically the team enter tasks that they intend to complete that week again an issue. We are looking for suggestions on how best to set this up. The task needs to reference the oringinal issue. The business needs to only have to see the issues but management want to view the tasks

2 answers

0 votes
Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2013

Can you consider implementing this by using issue links?

Bussiness users can enter issues into a project, and management users can enter tasks (in a different project) and link them to the originating issue. If the bussiness users have "browse project" permissions in the task projects, they will be able to see the links and follow them.

Maybe you should use some plugin or custom scripting to create and link a task to the originating issue, and block some transitions in the issue until all linked tasks are completed ..

HTH

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2013

Sounds like parent issuetypes and subtasks, except the last point.

The business needs to only have to see the issues but management want to view the tasks

In a project, you can do this only via issue security scheme. You can use that.

Roy Evans June 25, 2013

Hello Jobin, I'm sorry what's a parent issuetype. When creating an issue I see the Issuetype that has "Bug" New Feature" etc but I don't know what you mean by a parent issuetype

Suggest an answer