Tasks Crossed out after Editing

Pashmina June 21, 2016

Hey everyone,

whenever I want to edit one of my Tasks in JIRA, as soon as I push the "Update" button, the Task get's crossed out on the scrum board and the Resolution will set from Unresolved to Open.

I found similar topics to my problem on this board, where this issue appears when the users reopens a closed ticket. I tried to add a post function to manually set the Resolution to none but it didn't work.

I am fairly new to Jira, so right now I am at the end of my knowledge. 

Any ideas how to fix this?

1 answer

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2016

Hi @Pashmina

This is a common misunderstanding on the use of resolution. The Unresolved status is used to indicate that the ticket is not yet resolved. All other values are variants of a Resolved status that causes the issue to be crossed out.

I would remove the resolution field from your edit screen and also remove the "Open" resolution from the resolutions. The equivalent JQL for identifying is either

resolution is unresolved

OR

resolution is EMPTY

You can use either of these conditions when searching for the unresolved issues.

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer