Task List sort by Greenhopper rank in Mylyn JIRA connector, please

Honey Darling January 26, 2012

I would like to see my JIRA tasks in the rank order defined in Greenhopper. Rank is a sort by option in the Task List Sorting dialog, but it doesn't have an affect on the list.

JIRA 4.4.1

GreenHopper 5.7.4

Atlassian JIRA Connector 3.0.0.v20110210

Eclipse Indigo

5 answers

1 vote
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2012

Indeed, it looks like sorting by Rank does not work in JIRA Connector. The 'Rank' is provided by Mylyn I believe and we simply do not match it to the Green Hopper rank. It should be possible to implement that but there is also a quick workaround.

You can create a filter on JIRA side (sorted by rank) and prepare your query in Eclipse using the saved filter instead of manual query builder. The issues retrieved from JIRA should appear in Eclipse in the desired order in that case.

Cheers,

Jacek

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

This issue is handled here: https://studio.atlassian.com/browse/PLE-1368

Please watch, vote and comment.

0 votes
Chris Phillips January 8, 2013

Can we please get an update on this? We're re-evaluating project management tools at our shop and this issue could be a deal-breaker.

It's a big deal. I need to be able to tell programmers, "Open mylyn and work on the issues in order." If I have to tell them to keep Jira open in another window, because they can't trust the order in Mylyn, that sucks.

0 votes
Honey Darling January 29, 2012

@Jacek: I have created a filter in JIRA and created the query in Eclipse using the saved filter. Inspecting the JIRA list side by side with the Eclipse list shows that different ordering is at play, but I can't tell what the sort is on the Eclipse list. I cleared out the Sort options from Mylyn as well, no change. Thank you for your help.

jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2012

It looks like a bug. I'm not sure if this is Atlassian Connector issue or maybe there is a problem on the Mylyn side. I have created an issue to track it: https://studio.atlassian.com/browse/PLE-1344

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2012

Are you using a filter to load the issues? In that case, sort the filter using the same rank field that you are using in Greenhopper.

Suggest an answer