TTS Plugin : Config of SLA to next business day

Ionascu Irina January 15, 2020

Hello! 

Does someone know if it´s possible using the TTS Plugin to configurate SLA with the deadline of next business day? Taking into account that the ticket can be opened in any moment of the day.  

If it´s not possible using the TTS plugin, does someone know if there is way to implement this? I need to mention that I am not using Jira Service Desk 

Thanks! 

Irina 

3 answers

0 votes
Ionascu Irina January 16, 2020

Hi, thanks @Iago Docando  and @Tuncay Senturk  :) 

Then do you know if it´s possible to create that custom field with a groovy script? Or it is possible only using the add on postes by Iago?

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2020

Hi @Ionascu Irina 

You can create a Jira date custom field and set it via groovy script easily.

If you are using Script Runner, simply create date custom field, add a script post function and set custom field date value using Groovy script.

If you need help on writing the script let me know and I will try to help you achieving that.

Hi @Tuncay Senturk , 

I have tried to use the "Calculated number field" and after the creation of the field I cannot configure it as I don´t have any option for Groovy script or any other math formula. I have read that the formula should be stored in the description of the field, but I don´t know how to do it as I tried a simple example and it´s not working.

Or do you refer to another type of custom field?

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2020

Calculated fields can not be updated, they are read-only calculated fields.

You need to define date or datetime custom fields and update them accordingly.

Also TTS accepts date/datetime fields not the number fields

Ok, thanks @Tuncay Senturk  we have fixed it. In case someone else needs this, these are the steps we have followed : 

1. Create a new "Calculated Date/Time" Custom Field

2. In the description we have added the following script in order to have the SLA for the next business day : 

<!-- @@Formula:
if (issue.get("created") == null) {
return null;
} else {
Date created = new Date( issue.get("created").getTime() + 1*24L*3600*1000 );
created.setHours(18);
created.setMinutes(0);

return created;
}
-->

3. In  the TTS plugin we have configured a new SLA with the value "Choose Negotiation Date Field" and we added a calendar to have into account the weekend and holidays and that was it 

Like # people like this
Ionascu Irina January 17, 2020

Even though it seems there are some problems with this settings, but I believe it´s TTS config problem here. When opening the ticket at the beginning the SLA will show up in grey with a square sign as it would be stopped and I have no Deadline in the SLA Panel, even if the SLA is running.

If for example I change the priority, the SLA panel will appear as ongoing with the triangle sign and in blue as it would be ongoing and the Deadline is setted for tomorrow at 17:00. But somehow the calendar from TTS I think it´s not working  ok, cause accordingly to the script that I have the deadline is tomorrow at 17:00, but as it´s weekend it´s not considered Business Day, so the real deadline should be 20/01/2020 at 17:00. 

@Tuncay Senturk  do you know what may be happening here? It seems this is happening ony if the ticket is opened on Friday as it´s just before the weekend

Ionascu Irina January 17, 2020

And besides of what I have mentioned above, as the deadline appears to be tomorrow at 17:00 in place of using the calendar to set it for 20/01 it will expire today, I think it´s a bit strange... 

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2020

Hi @Ionascu Irina 

It is best to raise a ticket here, so that the TTS support team would deep dive into it.

Please provide every info within the ticket.

0 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2020

Hi @Ionascu Irina 

@Iago Docando is totally right. You will need to use date field for the SLA End and set the custom field to the end of next business day programatically.

However, as the product owner of TTS, I can announce that this is one of the backlog items, but I can't give an exact  date now.

Thanks 

Simon Teppett September 8, 2020

Hi Tuncay - we are looking for exactly the same functionality. Could you advise whether this is anywhere near making it on to your delivery roadmap?

Thank you

Simon

Simon Teppett September 8, 2020

Hi @Tuncay Senturk 

(see above)

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2020

Hi @Simon Teppett 

We are still gathering customer needs in order to implement a generic solution.

Could you please raise a ticket here so that our support engineer would have a call with you to get exact needs?

Thanks

Simon Teppett September 9, 2020

hi @Tuncay Senturk Unfortunately your service desk system will not allow me to create an account to log the ticket

Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 9, 2020

Hi Simon,

This is Gökçe and I'm a member of the Snapbytes team. Could you send me an email (gokce@snapbytes.com) so that we can better assist you?

Thank you!

Regards,

Gökçe

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2020

@Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire} I just want to stop by to give you kudos :)

I'm still subscribed to this post since I answered first and the fact that you answered this user message in just 20min taking into account that neither you nor your product are tagged anywhere in the message (just mentioned in plain text) is quite remarkable to me. That indicates that you are actively searching for user needs and keeping track of anything you find.

Good support. 

Like Simon Teppett likes this
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 9, 2020

@Iago Docando You've just made my day! :)

We, Snapbytes, are always striving to meet our customers' needs in a precise and timely manner. When our efforts are recognized by you and our users, this means that we're doing our job right. Your message shows that we are doing a good job.

Thank you so much for the kind words.

Take care.

Gökçe

Like # people like this
0 votes
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2020

I've never used that plugin but in the documentation I've seen that you can set SLA END time from a custom field.

https://confluence.snapbytes.com/display/TTS/Defining+SLA

Just use a calculated date/time field. Jira Misc Custom Fields could do that. I don't think it is a free plugin any longer BUT since your need is this very specific you could probably check older versions and use  v 1.7.2, wich was still free to use.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/27136/jira-misc-custom-fields/version-history

Other plugins could do the trick aswell. The main thing is being able to place the date you want in a new custom field.

SIL custom fields can be an option too, maybe a bit more complicated to non programmers in general but for this simple case there's not much difference, I guess.

I hope you can get it done. Let us know if it worked for your :)

Suggest an answer