System language and date format makes release management a nightmare

Jukka Hilvonen December 7, 2017

Hey!

I am going nuts with JIRA release management.

To be more specific, I have a problem that JIRA asks me to insert release date for release in format 'd/MMM/yy' and it tries to use Finnish date abbreviations for the month, even when I have tried all sorts of possible combinations of both English and Finnish languages for month November. I think there is some bug in date format which is related to JIRA language preferences.

I don't know where JIRA sets the Finnish language as default. I have changed my Windows language to English, my Chrome language to English and I have checked all possible settings in JIRA System setting and set everything to English. Also, I have checked the date format and set is as dd/MMM/yy, but the release manager specifically asks date format of d/MMM/yy making the release management impossible.

JIRA also tries to translate some of the items to Finnish but not everything, which makes the whole translation automation feel half-done.

If someone could help me with this, I would be more than grateful!

- Jukka

1 answer

0 votes
peter
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2018

Hi there, I've raised a bug report for this problem - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-67022

Suggest an answer