System import failed

Jagadeesh Reddy May 30, 2017

Hello All,

Requirement: JIRA 3.3 to JIRA 7.x. But during upgrate i figured out that it is not possible to directly switch from 3.x to 7.x. First need to upgrade to JIRA 4.4.5 and then to JIRA 7.x.

I took back up of xml as zip file and trying to import to JIRA 4.4.5 (TRIAL version) and faced JVM memory out of space issue. Later in services i updated to 512 as max. Then tried to import and it has completed till 11% and failed with unknown error. 

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2017

Hi Jagadeesh,

You'll want to look at the atlassian-jira.log and find out why it's failing. If you have 512MB for the heap that is going to be too low as the default heap size is over 700MB. I would take a look at the logs and see what the error is when it fails. Regardless, depending on the number of issues, custom fields etc., use the JIRA Sizing Guide to determine the correct amount of heap to add to your system and retry.

If increasing the heap does not help, paste the snippet of code where the failure is and I'll see what we can find.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer