System field is missing or unable to find in custom fields

Ganesh June 28, 2021

Field name is "Labels" and which is a system field, which is present in create edit and view screens. I need to make few chages in this field but when i go in check in custom fields "Labels" field is missing/unable find it.

Please do let me know how to accomplish this. Thanks in advance!!!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2021

Hi @Ganesh - You cannot modify the system fields. Custom fields page displays only the fields that are created by users or by plugins. They are globally available for all projects and all you need to do is to associate/add it to your project screens. 

On a different note, you can create custom fields of 'label' and use it if you need a customisable field (depends on the customization).

Ganesh June 28, 2021

Hi @Niranjan Thanks for your time to writing to me.

Now I have understood why it is not visible in custom field section.

My scenario is whenever I m trying to create an issue/ticket , Labels field is taking one default option but it should be none.

Example  Labels : None (it should reflect)

Labels : todo (I m getting this while creating issue/ticket)

Please suggest how to achieve this!!!

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2021

@Ganesh - Can you check if there are any postfunction in the create issue transition?

Like Ganesh likes this
Ganesh June 28, 2021

@Niranjan Great, it worked well!! Postfucntion applied on create issue transition. I have removed it.. Thanks for the support!!!

Like Niranjan likes this
0 votes
shruti gupta
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2021

Hi Rakesh,

Lables is default system field ,it will not be visible in custom fields.

You can add lables from the screen itself.

What exactly you want to change in this field?

Cheers

Shruti

Ganesh June 28, 2021

Hi Shruti, Thank you so much for your time to writing to me.

@Niranjan helped me achieve my task.

Thanks for now, will surely come up with new scenarios. please keep us supported. 

Suggest an answer