System Information Page is loading very slowly

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2014

Hi all,

I noticed recently that when I want to access System Information page it mostly very slow operation, sometimes even showing a timeout error after few minutes. It is the same on both JIRA, Confluence, ...

Are you also experiencing such a behavior? Is there any way to improve the performance of that page or use some kind of workaround?

I am personally viewing also System Info from Atlassian Support Tools, but this is not much faster than normal System Information page and not having enough details...

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mirek

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2014

Hi Mirek,

It's odd that this slowness is only affecting the System Information page, could you please elt me know the following:

• Which version of Confluence you are using?
  • How many Users you have?
  • How much memory you are allocating to Confluence?
  • Do this behaviour happens with safemode enabled?
  • Do you have any customizations applied into your Confluence?
Thanks and Regards,
David|Atlassian Support
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2014

Hi Deividi,

In Confluence System Informations it is loading a little bit faster than in JIRA. Below are answers on your questions:

* JIRA - 6.1.1; Confluence - 5.3.1

* More than 50k

* JIRA - 8GB; Confluence - 5GB

* Did not tried yet since this is PRD

* No customizations

Best Regards,

Mirek

Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2014

In both JIRA and Confluence edit below file:

• <Confluence Install>\bin\setenv.sh
  • <JIRA Install>\bin\setenv.sh

In JIRA check the values next to below fields:

JVM_MINIMUM_MEMORY=

JVM_MAXIMUM_MEMORY=

In Confluence check the values next to below fields:

JAVA_OPTS="-Xms -Xmx

I'm reinforcing the above question regarding memory because most of Confluence and JIRA users are not aware that you need to setup the memory in the application configuration files, in case the above is using the values you mentioned, let me know :).

Can you also use firebug and tell me in second how much the System information is taking for both applications?

While doing the above test take screenshots of the network tab, so we can see which methods are taking longer.

Thanks and Regards,
David|Atlassian Support
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2014

Hi Deividi,

We recently did a JIRA and Confluence upgrades and after that is a lot better. System Information page is loading now around 20sec .. I think it is acceptable.

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards,

-Mirek

Suggest an answer