System Error with com.atlassian.jira.security.type.CurrentReporterHasCreatePermission enabled

Francisco Miguel Biete January 21, 2013

We have Jira with com.atlassian.jira.security.type.CurrentReporterHasCreatePermission enabled.

/opt/atlassian/jira/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/permission-types.xml

"show only projects where the user has create permission and issues within that where they are the reporter."

With that parameter enabled Gantt Chart always fails in every option with the following excepcion

2013-01-22 19:05:59,398 http-bio-8080-exec-11 ERROR username 1145x420x1 hisjqh 10.162.186.19,127.0.0.1 /secure/admin/JGCPShowGeneral.jspa [c
om.atlassian.velocity.DefaultVelocityManager] MethodInvocationException occurred getting message body from Velocity: java.lang.UnsupportedOp
erationException
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
        at com.atlassian.jira.security.type.AbstractIssueFieldSecurityType.getUsers(AbstractIssueFieldSecurityType.java:237)
        at com.atlassian.jira.scheme.AbstractSchemeManager.getUsers(AbstractSchemeManager.java:782)
        at com.atlassian.jira.permission.WorkflowBasedPermissionSchemeManager.getUsers(WorkflowBasedPermissionSchemeManager.java:72)
        at com.atlassian.jira.scheme.AbstractSchemeManager.getUsers(AbstractSchemeManager.java:749)
        at com.soyatec.jira.c.e.f(JiraUtil.java:739)
        at com.soyatec.jira.c.e.a(JiraUtil.java:1001)
        at com.soyatec.jira.plugins.i.t(GanttConfiguration.java:416)
        at com.soyatec.jira.actions.GeneralAction.getEnableUsersData(GeneralAction.java:154)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

Without that parameter the plugin worked, but I cannot disable it.

Gantt Chart Project 2.2.2
Jira 5.2.4.1

Update: 2013-02-01

Gantt Chart Project 2.2.3

We have the same problem with the new version.

Look at this:

http://www.jiraproject.com/jira/browse/JRAGANTT-32

Yves YANG added a comment - 30/Jan/13 2:23 PM
It seems there is a problem of migration of JIRA.
Resolution: Won't Fix
I didn't did any migration of Jira. It's a new installation... I don't understand that comment

Update: 2013-02-08
Jira 5.2.6
Gantt Chart Project 2.2.4

Uncomment the setting, after this, restart jira and configure your system to use it.

- Modify your schema permission:

Add to browse project : Reporter creator (after enabling the CurrentReporterHasCreatePermission, a new option appears)

- You must have 2 users, 4 groups and 2 projects:

- New groups: userA, userB, developerA, developerB

- User A must be included in group userA, developerA, jira-user and jira-developer

- User B must be included in group userB, developerB, jira-user and jira-developer

- Project A developers group must be set to the new group developersA

- Project A user group must be set to the new group userA

- Project A must left unassigned the new issues

- Project B developers group must be set to the new group developersB

- Project B user group must be set to the new group userB

- Project B must left unassigned the new issues

- User A is user and developer in project A. He can explore and work project A.

- User A cannot view issues in project B. He will see the project B. The CurrentReporterHasCreatePermission give him permission to open issues in project B and follow his issues, but only these

- User B is user and developer in project B

- User B cannot view issues in project A. He will see the project A. The CurrentReporterHasCreatePermission give him permission to open issues in project A and follow his issues, but only these

After you have that working, and have some issues, try to access the Gant Chart option and you will get the error.

I think that it's because the plugin is trying to display project B issues (using user A), but in project B my user only has permission to see his issues.

As a solution I wouldn't mind to see only issues in projectA (show me issues only if I'm developer/user of that project), since the userA cannot schedule issues in project B.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yves YANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2013

It seems it is a JIRA Issue. We just call:

ComponentAccessor.getPermissionSchemeManager().getUsers(
new Long(Permissions.ASSIGNABLE_USER),
project);

And the exception is raised in a method getUsers() in the abstract class AbstractIssueFieldSecurityType

public Set<User> getUsers(PermissionContext ctx, String argument)
{
throw new UnsupportedOperationException();
}

This method should be implemented in the subclass.

Francisco Miguel Biete February 12, 2013
0 votes
Yves YANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2013

Hi,

We have tested with JIRA 5.2.2 and 5.2.5 using JIRA Gantt-chart Project 2.2.4 published in the altassian marketplace. We cannot reproduce it.

We have uncommented the setting of com.atlassian.jira.security.type.CurrentReporterHasCreatePermission in /opt/atlassian/jira/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/permission-types.xml. And then restart JIRA. And then we try to access the Global of administration. It works fine.

Is there another setting ?

Best regards

Yves YANG

Francisco Miguel Biete February 8, 2013

see my comment: Update 2013-02-08

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2013

I'd reopen or clone that issue and make sure it's clear that it's still a problem and you have not done any "migration".

Francisco Miguel Biete February 5, 2013

Their jira is private, and therefore I cannot add a comment or reopen the issue. I sent a mail commenting the problem but without reply.

Suggest an answer